Saturday, May 9, 2009

To My Acting Friends

I have to mix it up a little this month. I simply have to bring in some of the healing work to share a huge acting message.

I was scheduled to do a wonderful cameo in the new Harrison Ford/Brendan Fraiser picture. It had a beautiful arc and some nice emotional touches. I was stoked.

The night before I was to leave, I got the rewrites. They had cut the part to two lines. I went in to the reaction from hell, called my reps, and hoped I could save myself the humiliation of 2 lines after 35 years in the business.

I didn't. I decided to go. And here is why. After doing our work with my healing partners, I realized the great lesson that was being given to me: A person is not defined by what they do!
Now I knew this intellectually. I knew this about everyone else. You have heard me speak about how the very existence of my brother and daughter on this plane makes my life worthwhile. But I didn't "know" it about ME in the context of the world: that my essence here is what is valuable, not what I "do."

After we balanced all the energy around that, I realize that I have been holding on to my very big house because it was a definition of me being "ok" and "safe." Do I have to sell? No. Could I sell now and live a fuller life without all the overhead? Yes.

But the basic energy shift is this: when you define your work, instead of thinking it defines you, I guarantee things will begin to open up. Let go of the pressure. LET GO. Be the star before the gig. The Universe must respond. I suggest you read the healing blog also. They coincide.

Blessings, Dee

No comments: